Kiewit Corporation Early Career Drainage Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Early Career Drainage Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Jan 13, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78888
Our Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of the company that offers a variety of innovative services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new pursuits in the United States and Canada.
The projects we design, engineer and construct will be our legacy - come be a part of something bigger with your career and build your legacy with our team! KIE has an immediate opening for a dynamic entry to mid-level CAD designer in our growing Water Resources / Drainage Group based in Englewood, CO. Looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and CADD production tasks related for drainage / civil projects and miscellaneous support for construction. The CAD Designer should have at least 1 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and CADD production practices.
The candidate will be part of a design team responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. Key responsibilities include the following:
• In office work primarily
• Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
• Use Bentley Micro Station / AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software
• Produce documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Follow various DOT Standards and work with companies CAD Standards when applicable
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• Associate Degree preferred
• 0-4 years’ experience in CAD production of drainage and civil designs
• Design experience or Design-Build project experience a plus
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for drainage / civil work
• Read and understand construction documents
• Proficiency in Micro Station
• Knowledge in AutoCAD a plus
• Knowledge in Geopak a plus
• Drainage design experience a plus
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Basic knowledge of 3D modeling a plus
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers and Designers
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Design Engineer, Engineering